Thursday 16 April 2015

Alexis Polux 'The Crimson Fist' - Update


Hello everyone!

Small update today, I just wanted to show you guys how my Polux was coming along :) I know it's probably pretty much pure Heresy to paint up a Forgeworld Horus Heresy character to represent the wrong Adeptus Astartes Chapter ! but I just couldn't get myself to paint yellow (The worst of all colors) and on the second hand Polux was the first Crimson Fist Chapter Master, so technically this isn't completely wrong....Let's agree to call it a greyarea ! ;)

Anyway not much else to show at this point, hopefully I will have the figure done this week and then the base painting will begin 


Until then

Chris

4 comments :

  1. Hey, I saw the other photos and I must say i'm pretty amazed haha.

    I'm going to paint him exactly like yours (crimson fists) and I wanted to ask you for some advice like airbrushing or colours. Could that be possible?

    Thanks you very much and congratulations for such a great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate :) glad you like it.

    Ask away and I'll try to answer

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just received my alexis polux haha.

    Wich colours did you use for teh base and the shield? And wich blues?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The base was first painted black, then sprayed boltgun metal. Used a couple of different washes I think. Then the details were painted, shells, the flag etc. then some pigments to give it a more dirty look.


    The base colors of the shield was just black and white, and then different shades of grey mixed with those.

    The armor was painted black, then highlighted with Imperial Blue, Ultramarines Blue and Electric Blue, all from Vallejo Game Air :)

    ReplyDelete