Tuesday 16 August 2022

Davinite Lodge Priest - Sons of Horus - Forgeworld

 


Hello everyone

I'm going to an event in Malmö later this year and everyone has been asked to bring a "Remembrancer" for one of the missions we are going to be playing. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do, as I couldn't really think of a lore-friendly way to make a remembrancer for the Sons of Horus, seeing how they kill all of them before the Heresy actually began for real.

Luckily one of my good mates had this old model still in a blister box and offered to just give it to me, as it had just been collecting dust on his shelve for years. So I happily accepted and made a few simple modifications to it by adding the standard. 

If you don't know, and I'm sure most people don't, this is an Event-only model that Forgeworld made about 10 years ago. Today you might be able to find it on eBay or a Facebook trading group if you are lucky and probably also if you do your resin shopping in the far east. Personally I've never seen this model in the flesh before and there aren't a lot of pictures of it online, so I guess it's relatively rare.

It was such a blast to convert and paint and I think this model will suit the role of "Remembrancer" perfectly during the event.

Anyway here are some more pictures, enjoy :-)


Now I'm back to painting a lot of Tactical Marines, follow along on Instagram if you would like to see my progress. However, it's currently extremely hot (as you probably know) so hobby time is a little sporadic...

Until next time
Chris

No comments :

Post a Comment