Sunday 12 April 2015

Sternguards & Kantors Honorguard - Games Workshop


Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a couple of GW's new Sternguard boxes, because they looked awesome and I really liked the flexibility they permitted compared to the old box. Each box contains 5 Sternguards and about 30 weapon options...so I ordered home a big pile of magnets and went to work.

It's not that I don't like my old Sternguards that I made a while ago, but these just looked too awesome not to build and paint.

I magnetized all the weapons in one of the boxes and then the combi weapons from the second. Most of the marines have magnetized arms as well.







I can't wait to begin painting these, but I probably need to paint some more Space Hulk figures first :-D but I just wanted to show them off.



Beside the new Sternguards I also wanted to make a Honor Guards for my Chapter Master Pedro Kantor. I did paint Kantor a while back, but since my skills and techniques have improved/changed since I decided to get a new one :-D

These are based of GW's Masters of the Chapter box, which contains 4 very unique and awesome Space Marine veterans with different Power Weapons. I converted them with some bits from E-bay and my Sternguard boxes. The standard bearer is just assembled from different bits I got from E-bay, a mix of normal GW and Forgeworld bits.

I'm still missing an arm for my standard bearer, but hopefully it will be in the mailbox soon.











 That's it for now, hope you liked it.

Chris





2 comments :

  1. Ah Kantor is such an underrated little model. Nice looking honourguard though and the Sternguard look great as well. How easy was it to magnetise the weapons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D

    And it was very easy, I used some 3x1mm and 2x1mm magnets. Used the 2mm for arms and weapons. You can get smaller magnets, but for space marines 2mm works well.

    ReplyDelete