Wednesday 19 September 2012

Crimson Fists - 25th Anniversary Captain



Mornings everyone

I recently purchased the 25 year anniversary Crimson Fists Space Marine and yesterday I started painting it, well I say painting, but in fairness I just primed it black, but it's a start! 
This figure (and base) is my first Finecast experience, and I must say the detail level is simply amazing, of course I don't know if this goes for all finecast figures or just this one :-p and it seems to have been a pretty good cast aswell, but not without a few little mistakes in the resin, but nothing major, easy fix atleast.

I've read alot of positive but also alot of negative reviews of this figure, alot of people seems displeased about him not having that wrist mounting gun you can see on the original artwork, but I quite like the plasma pistol and I think the sculptor did a great job bringing this iconic figure into the 6th edition.

Painting

So far I've only primed him and painted his armor blue, so nothing exciting yet. I'm actually spending more time on painting the orc head at the moment, since Its been years since I've painted an Orc so I think it's great fun.




Hopefully more updates soon!


Chris

No comments :

Post a Comment