Thursday 13 September 2012

Crimson Fists - Sergeant Conversion, Standard Bearer


Hello everyone



So while waiting for some paint on my Kantor banner to dry, I went through my box of bits and unpainted marines, and I found an old AOBR sergeant (which I have already painted one of) and I thought I would try to convert him, so I could use him for a future Space Marine Squad (I don't like the idea of having identical sergeants, don't mind the standard marines being the same though). So I went at it with a scalpel and here is the result.




And here we have a comparison between the new guy and my already painted sergeant, you can see the resemblance quite easy, but as long as they are not the exact same I'm happy :-D





Standard Bearer

While painting Kantor I also slowly began work on my first standard bearer, hopefully I will get hit Power Armour finished while painting Kantor's Banner, but the thing I'm looking forward to the most, is making and painting the banner (anyone got some tips?)

Anyway here's a quick picture.




In a moment of inspiration I gave it a go on making the rough shape of the banner out of an old beer can, since its now made of a very flexible metal, I thought it might be possible to add some wrinkles and such to eat, easier than it would have been on a paper banner. But we'll see :-)







So yesterday, before I got serverly drunk, I tried to add some wrinkles to my home made beer can banner, and to be honest, I think I succeded fairly well. It covered in liquid green stuff and a couple of coats of pva glue, to get a better base for painting, as I would imagine painting directly onto a beer can might not yield the best results.

I also started painting his face.








So putting the banner away for a moment, I started painting the figure itself (while at the same time painting Kantor's banner). Still got to finish the details, but overall he is coming along nicely.






Finished:
So I managed to finish up my standard bearer today (still need the banner), and I'm quite happy with how he turned out :-) 

Well you be the judge.







So the figure is finished, and you can see the banner progress right here.


Chris


No comments :

Post a Comment