Monday 17 September 2012

Crimson Fists - Captain Cortez - Construction


Greetings

So today I recieved some of the many bitz (and 15 devastators) i have ordered from around the interwebs. For a while I've been thinking about trying my hand with converting my own Capt. Cortez figure, as many of you might know Games Workshop did actually have a figure of him a couple of editions ago, and well...lets be honest it wasn't exactly the prettiest they'd ever done.

I do know that Cortez is sort of "dead" according to the fluff, but that didn't stop me from wanting him, cause he does sound pretty badass!

Well anyway as I said I got some bitz home today, and I decided to take a small break from my real work, and start figuring out how I wanted him to look.


Conversion
I wanted to keep it pretty close to the original Cortez, the powerfist, boltgun, loin cloth etc. but I also wanted him to be abit more dynamic and have a more exciting pose. which also gave me an excuse to practice some more green stuff sculpting on the arm socket and loin cloth.

As you might notice fairly quickly when comparing to the old Cortez figure, is that I decided to go with a helmet on mine, why ? you might ask, well let me tell you why, I just never liked bare head space marines and since it's my take on Cortez I'll do whatever the hell I want :-D

I still need to get some shoulder plates, backpack and perhaps an etched bracc Crimson/imperial fists sheet, for the chest iconography etc. which I'm not sure I got the green stuff skill for making myself, but we'll see.

Anyways here's some progress pictures.










So I decided to try my luck with more green stuff, and even though I managed to destroy the chest fist...twice... it still ended up pretty nice I think.




Not quite sure I'm going to keep the gs fist on his Powerfist, think it's going to look to crowded when the shoulder pads come on.

Can't wait to get the last bitz!



Update!

So the last few bitz are finally here! and I think my Cortez figure is pretty much finished and just need painting now, but since I'm working on a few other things at the moment he will go into the painting queue.

Pictures!






Not quite sure if I want to give him a banner (since the old figure didn't have that) but then again it does look pretty nice :-D

Comments more than welcome!






Cheers
Chris

No comments :

Post a Comment