Monday 17 September 2012

Crimson Fists - Standard Bearer



Hell everyone

As you might have seen I've been painting a standard bearer for my Crimson Fists army (and if you haven't it's right here), but now the time has come for the banner.


Today I've been giving it my first ever try at sculpting something with green stuff, and considering that I think it could have turned out ALOT worse, actually I'm quite proud of myself :)
I don't know if I should try to add more to it, maybe some laurels or something around the fist, but this is a big maybe. But for now I'll let this cure totally and then we'll see.





Finished!

Let me just start by saying this banner didn't quite turn out as I had pictured in my head, but this being my first time ever working with Green Stuff I can't really complain to much about the outcome. Of course I would have prefered the fist to be abit better sculpted, but next time I will surely be able to do better!

Anyway! Pictures!











Conclusion
A beer can (or any can for that matter) is a brilliant method to make a cheap banner that still looks quite nice, of course you could also use paper, but I don't know how easy it would be to add some nice natural wrinkles in that without ending up with very sharp edges.

With abit more sculpting practice I think you'll definitely be able to make some very nice looking banners like this.

I hope you liked it, as always comments are more than welcome.

Cheers
Chris

No comments :

Post a Comment